Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week One, 2012, in Review

The first week of 2012 has come and gone. 51 weeks to go. I'd like to believe they could all be like this week--busy, but not overwhelming, full of sleep and feeling good.

This week, I ran a total of 30.7 miles. None of it was for time. Distance is the goal, not time. Keeping my March marathon goal on the horizon and thinking all the time about the Kalamazoo Marathon. Hoping I make it through all three healthy.

I had two full days of vegan eating this week...yes, including my coffee of the day. I've found that I actually like soy lattes. 

And one of my biggest highlights of the week? Acceptance into the NYC Marathon in November. Deferring last fall was terrible, but receiving my guaranteed entry this week for it in 2012, yielded total elation!!!

Yesterday's long run, while not very easy, was fun in that I saw new parts of DC.  I always think it's amazing that I have lived in DC for more than ten years and I can still see new parts.  I also ran on roads that I have run on in years.  It was fun to run in "new" territory and on paths not well trodden (by these legs).

Here's to week two...

No comments:

Post a Comment